Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25, 2007 The Relativity Scale

Weekend events preclude this segment in a long series touching upon dating and the wonderful world of social interaction/awkwardness. After conversing with a few people, I felt it appropriate to tackle the theory of “The Relativity Scale.”


Now, on a 1-10 scale of first impression physical attractiveness, for example, I might give myself a 7, usually on a good day. Considering this baseline of comparison, let us close our eyes (while still reading) and imagine me in a room of 8’s 9’s and 10’s. Considering the environment, I probably wouldn’t really even get a glance over in my direction. However, put me in a room with 4’s and 5’s . . . jackpot. I’d venture to guess that a few drunk girls might actually walk over and talk to me, only to realize minutes later the awkwardness emanating from my corner of the bar.


Now, this brings up another phenomenon, and an observation made by many a person. “Girls always manage to keep around a ‘sub-5’ to make themselves look better in comparison.” Now, I know we (men and women) like to give the opposite sex a hard time about not being as intelligent as the other, but come on guys, let’s give the girls a round of applause for this one. Hats off to the ladies for not only recognizing the Relativity Scale, but also for their ability to capitalize on their superior manipulation skills and turn it to serve their own best interests. I guess we could learn something from the ladies after all . . .


Song of the Week: “Straws Pulled at Random” by Meshuggah.


Quote of the Week: “The Internet is a great way to get on the net.” – Bob Dole


Random Fact of the Week: When the airbag in your car goes off, it expands at a rate of 150mph.


Picture of the Week: ladies take note



Until next week, Jesus doesn’t love you, but he thinks you have a great personality,

Fred

3 comments:

Steve said...

Hey guys,

To make any comments to the post, just click on the comment link at the bottom of the post, and just type away.

Reid said...

okay, so this has always bothered me: what happens with a sub-5? They are certainly out there, who do they bring around? especially those who are .000001's. They're are the bottom of the food-chain - who do they bring out with them? girls, an honest answer would be great...

Dan Lucey said...

Bring a puppy. If you are under a 5; make the investment.