Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18, 2008 Forbidden Words

There are certain words that irk people and make them cringe. I’m not really sure why these words do this to people, but once you find that word for someone, take note. A common word I’ve heard a lot lately that seems to stir up some reactions is the word ‘moist’. For some reason a lot of people just can’t stand this word. “I decided to bake last night and made a nice moist chocolate cake.” Eww you say? Nay! The only problem is that there are no good synonyms to use in that sentence. I made a damp cake? Nah. I made a soggy cake. Sounds like heaven to me, next. I made a wet cake. Just gets worse and worse. Looks like we’re stuck with moist on this one.

What about the word ‘panties’? Seems like a lot of girls have a problem with this word. But again, better alternatives? Undies? Underwear? Undergarment? I don’t know, you tell me, these words aren’t part of my regular vocabulary. Girls should all just buy thongs. Makes it easier for everyone, guys will enjoy it, and girls won’t have to hear that gross word ‘panties’ anymore. Win win.

I’ll let you in on a little secret though. If you want to see me cringe or throw up a little in my mouth, there are a few words that really get me. Fantabulous. Give me a break. Ridonculous. Poke me in the eye with a banana. Or just abbreviations in general. Those are bad news. Anytime I hear something like that, I quickly think of three different ways to turn the person mute, one of which definitely does not involve a rooster, scotch tape, and a teddy ruxpin bear. Yeah . . . really don’t like abbreviations.


Song of the Week: “Have Your Way” by Lightnin’ Slim

Quote of the Week: “Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.” - Jarger

Random Fact of the Week: Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale.

Picture of the Week: Crasians.

Until next week, choosy moms choose Jif,


Fred

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I dont remember you being this funny the last time we hooked up! Boy I would love to see you again!

Gareth said...

wow was absolutely fantabulous...

the abbreviation that pisses me off is "delish", what that dunkin donuts ho rachel says its. makes me want to kick her in the teeth