Friday, November 2, 2007

November, 2 2007 Morning Thoughts

Something occurred to me in the shower this morning . . . Pantene Pro-V really does add volume and shine. The OTHER thing that occurred to me was this: does anyone really pay attention to or notice their first thought they have in the morning when they wake up? I know I usually don’t. It’s something that I’ve noticed lately, as philosophical as this sounds, it really does set the tone for the rest of the day. Obviously certain days yield common reactions: “Goddamn Mondays, let’s hit the snooze button and maybe the weekend will come back.” Or maybe the alarm goes off: “Sonofabitch, me and Papa Smurf were about to finally stick it to Gargamel.” Sometimes I get the occasional “Dammit, how many times are they going to play Hall and Oates’s ‘Maneater’ in the morning?! Now it’s going to be stuck in my head all day.” For some odd reason, those are usually the best days I have . . . weird. Thanks Hall, thanks Oates.

Does anyone ever wake up and say, “I’m gonna have myself a great day today.” I’m not going to pretend like I do, but I think it’d be interesting to see what that does.


Song of the Week: “Lady at the Gate” by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Music the band says will “melt your face off”

Quote of the Week: “We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Random Fact of the Week: A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.

Picture of the Week: Something about this seems degrading

Until next week, oh here she comes, watch out boy, she’ll chew you up,


Fred

No comments: