Friday, April 6, 2007

April 6, 2007 Friends

As I'm now losing my hangover from a weekend in DC, I've come to realize that there's a big difference between good friends, and just regular friends. Examples:

Friend: "I'm sorry things are shitty right now, do you want to talk about it?"
Good Friend: "Pull the string and let's go grab a beer."

Friend: "I think that chick over there is eyeing you, go talk to her."
Good Friend: "You don't have a chance, I, on the other hand, am going over to talk to her. Save my seat."

Friend: "Forget about that guy that just flicked you off, it's not worth it."
Good Friend: "Well, I've already been arrested once, what's another one?"

Friend: "Alright dude, I think you've had enough to drink, let's head back,"
Good Friend: "Stop being a pussy and man up."

Friend: "Oh man, you're sick, you need anything to help clean up or make you feel better?"
Good Friend: "Hey douche bag, shut the hell up, I'm watching TV."

Friend: "I missed you like the desert misses the rain."
Good Friend: "I missed you like the desert misses the rain."

Ok, so maybe the last one is universal, but some comments do have subtle differences. (Disclaimer: not all events/scenarios portrayed above occurred during said time frame.) So, who are you going to be? A friend, a good friend, or the boss of everyone like Tony Danza (who, I found out recently was a professional boxer with a 9-3 record from 1976-1979. There's a little bonus nugget of knowledge for you).

Song of the Week: "Complete Heat" by Fight Paris (strap on your seat belts boys and girls and get ready for an alcohol abuse inducing party starting rock ride)

Quote of the Week: "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.

Random Fact of the Week: By the time you finish reading this, the Earth will have traveled almost 100 miles through space.

Picture of the Week:


Until next week, remember, you can't spell 'Friend' without 'Fred,'


Fred

No comments: